#020, Alasinga: Bangalore and then to Ootacamund to pass the summer there. My brain boils in heat

VIVEKANANDA PRACTICE QUOTE
Swami Vivekananda wrote to Alasinga Mudaliar from Hyderabad on Feb. 11, 1893.

"... For I am very sorry to tell you that I cannot go back at present to Rajputana. It is so very dreadfully hot here already. I do not know how hot it would be at Rajputana, and I cannot bear heat at all. So the next thing, I would do, would be to go back to Bangalore and then to Ootacamund to pass the summer there. My brain boils in heat. ..."


BLOGGER'S VIEWs
*See post on Suka's renunciation
*Same gentleman who traversed the entire India on foot!
*How do the people of Rajputana live?

Another example:

Swamiji wrote to Ms. Christina Greenstidel from Jodhpur on Jan. 4, 1898:

"... I am quite well and strong. Hope to meet you this blessed year again in America.

I am going to Calcutta in a few days, where I intend to be the rest of this cold weather. Next summer, I start for England or America most probably. ..."


BLOGGER'S VIEWS
*January would be cool in Jodhpur, India. Swamiji does not mind staying at Jodhpur in winter. He would also not mind to stay at Calcutta as long as the weather was cold. If somebody were to ask Swamiji to come to Jodhpur in May, Swamiji would have blasted him.

*He would go to England or America in summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

239 Do the questions of beef eating - drinking and smoking by Vivekananda really matter?

230 Rev. Barrows - Give me beef