#142 , GURU VS. PANDIT DISCUSSION

Here is a link to : http://kelamuni.blogspot.com/2008/02/neo-vedanta-of-swami-vivekananda-part.html.

This blog post contains an elaborate discussion on Vivekananda's writings about

Gurus and Pandits,
Book learning vs. realisation
Talking School vs. Practising School
Some quotes from Mund`akopanishat
.

This blog post reduced my work load. I thank the writer profusely. I do not wish to comment on what this knowledgeable, pain-staking blogger wrote.

I am going to comment on what Vivekananda said/wrote and DID.

VIVEKANANDA'S VIEW OF DISTINCTION BETWEEN a GURU and a PANDIT


____________________________________
GURU PANDIT
____________________________________
Tasted the divine Not.
experience.

Practiced the Only book
chores of a seeker. knowledge.

Can reproduce Cannot reproduce.
the experience
for the disciple.

Divine experience No divine experience
possible, even only with bookish
without knowledge. knowledge.
____________________________________

BLOGGER'S VIEW
Vivekananda's speeches/writings reflect a tunnel vision.
In the meantime, I request my readers to add additional points of distinction to the above differentiation, so that we can have a broader perspective.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

239 Do the questions of beef eating - drinking and smoking by Vivekananda really matter?

230 Rev. Barrows - Give me beef