#162, WHAT HAPPENED to THE CALCULATIONS?

Swami Vivekananda wrote to Mrs. Ole Bull from San Francisco March 7, 1900:

"... The thousand dollars I have in New York will bring Rs. 9 a month; then I bought for her a bit of land which will bring about Rs. 6; and her old house — that will bring, say, Rs. 6. I leave the house under litigation out of consideration, as I have not got it. Myself, my mother, my grandmother, and my brother will live on Rs. 20 a month easy. ..."


BLOGGER'S VIEW
In just about 4 years Swamiji drifted down from "million times nobler, electric fan and batter etc. talk" to living with Rs. 20 a month.
*After returning to India in 1900, till his death in 1902 July, where did he live? He stayed in the Belur Monastery in a cushy furnished room eating turtles and shad fish and inviting foreigners to taste them.
*Why did not he go to his biological mother's old house using the Rs. 20 a month?

*In this pitiable condition also in 1901, he sent $480 to Ms. Christina Greenstidel, requesting her to travel to India first class or spend the amount as she liked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

239 Do the questions of beef eating - drinking and smoking by Vivekananda really matter?

230 Rev. Barrows - Give me beef