#172, If, like me, you had visited the slums of Europe and America

Swami Vivekananda, after his return from the first trip to US, speaking at Chennai (from the memories of Shri A. Srinivasa Pai):

"...If, like me, you had visited the slums of Europe and America and seen how near to brutes the inhabitants of those slums are, and then compared them with our masses in India, your doubts as to the effect of Hindu religious belief on the masses would have vanished..."


BLOGGER'S VIEWs
*When and where did he visit slums? Absolutely no proof. I invite the readers to search and show.
*Were the dwellers of European and American slums, brutes? How did he know without even visiting them? How did he generalise?
*See #067, where he wrote: "Why should they take me to a low hotel?"
*See #030, where he wrote: "I am mostly guest of the big people"
*Visited Alps of Switzerland
*Countesses were his disciples

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

239 Do the questions of beef eating - drinking and smoking by Vivekananda really matter?

230 Rev. Barrows - Give me beef