#177, In this land of Shuka's birth renunciation is looked down upon as madness and sin

VIVEKANANDA THEORY QUOTE
Swami Vivekananda wrote to Shri ... (Dear Sir) from Ghazipur on the 21st Jan. 1890:

"... Alas for the irony of our fate, that in this land of Bhagavân Shuka's birth, renunciation is looked down upon as madness and sin! ..."


VIVEKANANDA PRACTICE QUOTE
Swamiji wrote to Alasinga in 1893:
"... For I am very sorry to tell you that I cannot go back at present to Rajputana. It is so very dreadfully hot here already. I do not know how hot it would be at Rajputana, and I cannot bear heat at all. So the next thing, I would do, would be to go back to Bangalore and then to Ootacamund to pass the summer there. My brain boils in heat. ..."


BLOGGER'S VIEWs
*Did Suka crave for Bangalore and Ooty?
*Gita 12-18: A person should take both head and cold equanimously. (s`iitooshn`a sukha du:kheeshu sama: samgavivarjita).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

239 Do the questions of beef eating - drinking and smoking by Vivekananda really matter?

230 Rev. Barrows - Give me beef