#195 Reply to Intolerance of religious bloggers

Here is a link:
Click to see bjpfriends.blogspot.com.

As the above blogger has deleted my comments dt. 5th July 2008 (Of course, they have a perfect right to do), I could not restore what I wrote there on that day. Anyway, I have replied them today by means of another Comment on 6th July 2008 (7th in India), which they would delete anyway. I am reproducing it here:

My Comment dt. 6th July 2008
Since Shri Venkat compared me to Duryodhana who always looked at wicked side of things, now you can see what Vivekananda said about Indians:

Swami Vivekananda wrote from USA to Alasinga Mudaliar, on 1st July 1895:

"... I know that India is only inhabited by women and eunuchs. ...". "...You babies, great results are attained only by great patience, great courage, and great attempts. ..."

How Vivekananda found eunuchs everywhere!

Swami Vivekananda wrote to Swami Ramakrishnananda (head of Ramakrishna Math, Chennai, his brother-disciple, also called "Shashi") from Belur Math on Feb. 25, 1898.
"...India is a rotten corpse inside and outside. "


In May 1896 Swami Vivekananda writes to Ms. Alberta Sturges (age 19) that he likes Amerique - the yankee land. He calls India a jelly fish.

" ... I have had two classes already — they will go on for four or five months and after that to India I go. But it is to Amerique — there where the heart is. I love the Yankee land. I like to see new things. I do not care a fig to loaf about old ruins and mope a life out about old histories and keep sighing about the ancients. I have too much vigour in my blood for that. In America is the place, the people, the opportunity for everything. I have become horribly radical. I am just going to India to see what I can do in that awful mass of conservative jelly-fish, ... "


Shri Rama Rajyamji: You will never call your country a jelly fish and you will never say that you love the yankee land!.

The greatest shock which a Vivekananda admirer will get is: He argued that Indians should eat beef. You can see his conversation with Sundara Rama Iyer in Dec. 1892 at Trivandrum:

"...The Swami also told me that he had long taken no fish food, as the South Indian Brahmins whose guest he had been throughout his South Indian tour were forbidden both fish and flesh, and would fain avail himself of this opportunity to have his accustomed fare. I at once expressed my loathing for the taking of fish or flesh as food. The Swami said in reply that the ancient Brahmins of India were accustomed to take meal and even beef and were called upon to kill cows and other animals in yajnas or for giving madhuparka to guests..." . Full text of this conversation you can see at any official web site of Vivekananda's institutions.


Even now I have a neutral and unbiased attitude towards Vivekananda, though he supported beef consumption. The Complete Works of Vivekananda will be really complete only when his sectarians publish the letters (epistles) received by him, without excising and hiding.

If you need biographies of great patriots and saints who laid down their lives at the alter of our Mother land, there is no scarcity of such great martyrs between 1757 and 1947. Viir Pandya Katta Bommanna and Alluru Sitarama Raji being two such examples.

The topmost program for Hindus ought to be: Either remove the entire caste system or design a new caste called "Satya Kaama and Satya Gnaana" caste and invite all the Indian Muslims and Indian Christians into the fold of Hinduism, so that one Hindu Nation becomes a true reality. **

Hence friends: Go for facts and truths searching carefully. We have to distinguish between a cheap metal and true gold. If necessary, we have to apply Concentrated Nitric Acid on the ornament. If the ornament is of true gold, it will not melt and disappear.

I shall not write further comments here@@, because it will be like hitting one's head to a wall.
--End of comment--.

**Added by me here to make things clearer: Since Hinduism is pluralistic and polytheistic, the Muslim and Christian entrants to Hinduism can worship any God they like including Alla, Yehova and Christ. After all, God (if heshe exists) is omnipresent, omniscient and can bear millions of names which are his attributes.

@@: Means that I shall not write at:Bjpfriends.blogspot.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

239 Do the questions of beef eating - drinking and smoking by Vivekananda really matter?

230 Rev. Barrows - Give me beef