127 HAD I ANY HAND IN IT? (VEDANATA SOCIETY) उस में मेरा हाथ था क्या ? क्या वेदांत सोसैटी को मै शुरू किया ?


When we study the letters of Swami Vivekananda very carefully, we cannot resist from getting an impression that he did not treat his brother-disciples as his equals.

The common impression is that Swami Vivekananda started the Vedanta Society of New York. He himself denied it. Swamiji wrote to Ms. Josephine MacLeod from Alameda, California on April 20, 1900:

"...You and Mrs. Leggett wanted me to write him to be free and independent and that Mr. Leggett was not going to help them. I wrote it — now what can I do? If John or Jack does not obey you, am I to be hanged for it? What do I know about this Vedanta Society? Did I start it? Had I any hand in it? Then again, nobody condescends to write me anything about what the affair is! Well, this world is a great fun. ..."


BLOGGER'S VIEW
The word 'him' above refers to Swami Abhedananda. Who is the John or Jack? It is Abhedananda.

Who started the Vedanta Society of New York?

To continue, with more evidence and details. सशेष. సశేషం.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

239 Do the questions of beef eating - drinking and smoking by Vivekananda really matter?

230 Rev. Barrows - Give me beef