275 Next thing, I would do, would be to go back to Bangalore and then to Ootacamund to pass the summer there. My brain boils in heat



Swamiji claimed that Kali was not allowing him to look after his own personal comforts. If this incident had really happened, why should Swamiji crave to go to Ooty?

Swamiji wrote to Alasinga from Hyderabad, on Feb. 11, 1893:

"...Your friend, the young graduate, came to receive me at the station, so also a Bengali gentleman. At present I am living with the Bengali gentleman; tomorrow I go to live with your young friend for a few days, and then I see the different sights here, and in a few days you may expect me at Madras. For I am very sorry to tell you that I cannot go back at present to Rajputana. It is so very dreadfully hot here already. I do not know how hot it would be at Rajputana, and I cannot bear heat at all. So the next thing, I would do, would be to go back to Bangalore and then to Ootacamund to pass the summer there. My brain boils in heat. ..."


"... So all my plans have been dashed to the ground. That is why I wanted to hurry off from Madras early. In that case I would have months left in my hands to seek out for somebody amongst our northern princes to send me over to America. But alas, it is now too late. First, I cannot wander about in this heat — I would die ..."

To continue.


ybrao-a-donkey' personal views, not intended to be imposed on others: Swamiji has always preferred COOL CENTRES such as Ooty, Kashmir, Almorah. How can he visit deserts like Rajasthan, unless there were some Native Rulers who were ready to entertain him, and also give him substantial money?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

239 Do the questions of beef eating - drinking and smoking by Vivekananda really matter?

230 Rev. Barrows - Give me beef