#114, VIVEKANANDA'S INFLUENCE ON FREEDOM MOVEMENT

BLOGGER'S VIEW

Today, I fell on a gold-mine. Here is the link.

http://www.andamancellularjail.org/B1.htm

This website of Cellular Jail of Andamans has the photographs of our freedom fighters incarcerated at Port Blair, where they languished for several years, anyway more than ten years. (Mahatma Gandhi and top Congress leaders were exceptions. Their relations with the British were at a very high level. Hence they were never incarcerated at Andamans which was real punishment.)

There is a general impression that Swami Vivekananda influenced all our revolutionaries, particularly those who chose use of force (I do not call these terrorists as Govt. of India called them at some places). Right now, I do not deny this, but I have my own doubts.

REQUEST TO MY READERS
I request my readers to check up from the biodata of the freedom fighters (prisoners at Andaman) whether they got their due credit. Are they revered at least in their District or State? Readers may have to do plenty of hard work because the freedom fighters did not leave any propaganda machinery to spread their fame or messages. By whom the freedom fighters were led? By whom they were influenced?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

239 Do the questions of beef eating - drinking and smoking by Vivekananda really matter?

230 Rev. Barrows - Give me beef